Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Faster Meatloaf

Some say meatloaf is the ultimate comfort food.  But most meatloaves take at least an hour to cook!  Use this tip and you can cut the cooking time in half.

Next time you make your favorite meatloaf, bake it in a muffin tin!  My normal meatloaf bakes in a loaf pan for 1-1/2 hours but my meatloaf "muffins" only take 20 minutes.

Rachael Ray recently did made Thanksgiving-inspired meatloaf with sweet potato puree as the frosting.  It made little meatloaf cupcakes.  I tried the recipe and piped the sweet potato puree on top (see picture on left).  My kids were so excited about eating "cupcakes" for dinner.  I may try piping potatoes on my go-to meatloaf next time, since we all like that recipe so much.

I'd love to hear from all of you.  Do you have a meatloaf shortcut to share?  Have you ever baked a meatloaf in muffin tins?  How did it turn out?

No comments:

Post a Comment