Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sandwich makeover

I learned of this tip from a segment on the Rachael Ray show.  If you want to spice up a sandwich, roll it up! 

Here are the steps to create your own Sandwich Roll-Ups:

Remove the crust, creating two squares.

Flatten the breadout with a rolling pin.



Squish the two pieces together, creating a seam in the center of a long rectangle.

Next, add the sandwich yummies. In this case I was making a turkey and swiss sandwich. Only fill half the sandwich.

On mine, I added a little spicy mustard. My kids have theirs plain, though.

Roll it up and then cut it into four pieces, cutting at an angle to make it pretty.




1 comment:

  1. I no longer use the third step:

    Squish the two pieces together, creating a seam in the center of a long rectangle.

    Instead I simply create two roll-ups. It takes the same amount of time and seems simpler.

    I also use better quality meat now that I'm aware of what goes into our food!!

    ReplyDelete