Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Play-Doh. Organized. And Pretty.


photo courtesy of lovelihood on Flickr.com
My kids love play-doh, but it is sometimes difficult for them to open the containers.  We also have a hot mess of play-doh and tools in an over-sided big plastic storage bag.

Carisa over at 1+1+1=1 came up with this tip.  Create a play-doh kit with the dough and  accessories/tools all stored in one organized box.  Carisa also created play-doh letter formation  printables for a tacticle way to work on A, B, C's.  (Please click here to view her photos and to download her free printables.)

Now, I can store the play-doh container-free AND create a system for the chaos.  Grin.  (Thank you, Carisa!)

I purchased this 17-compartment storage box at Ace Hardware today with a $5 off coupon.


Here is a picture of our bin all filled up:


I was amazed at how many play-doh items I was able to store in this container!


My next project will be making our own play-doh with scents and glitter.  Check out Tradewind Tiaras and her glitter play-doh recipe and jelly jar gift ideas.  So pretty!  And I love the 1+1+1=1 ideas for adding scents to different colors.

NOTE: Do not toss your play-doh containers!  I'm posting an upcycling idea soon.

2 comments:

  1. Does the playdoh dry out quick stored in this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it took a long time for it to dry out, but eventually, it did. I have since switched to putting the really small packs of play-doh in those same spaces. Great question!

      Delete