Friday, October 1, 2010

Another Use for Hand Sanitizer

A friend shared this cleaning tip with me recently -use hand sanitizer to clean just about anything. I'm starting to think that is true!
  • My son skinned his knee pretty badly and got blood on my yellow purse. Hand sanitizer got it all out instantly.
  • My touch screen phone gets yucky from makeup and my kids' dirty fingers. Hand sanitizer makes it like new again.
  • We use dry erase markers to write on the windows for school. Sometimes the kids miss and color the painted window sills. :( Hand sanitizer cleaned it right off.

Unfortunately most hand sanitizers are just anti-bac, not anti-viral so it doesn't protect us against viruses like the stomach virus, or even the common cold. I prefer my kids to actually wash hands (unless we're out somewhere and have gross hands and cannot wash) BUT I will be adding hand sanitizer to my cleaning arsenal!


Please comment if you have a tried-and-true hand sanitizer cleaning solution!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, too weird that I just read this post tonight while watching DWTS. One of the dancers said she uses hand sanitizer under her PITS(!) on show days and it keeps her drier than regular anti-perspirant. Maybe it's the alcohol that gives a drying effect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sara! Hand sanitizer is what we always used to get pen marks off the work tables at school. Love that stuff for all its many uses. I took your advice and started a blog- just home stuff, I havent gotten any party posts yet, but I would love for you to check it out!
    www.homeismore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete