Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Meat Savings

One of my new favorite ways to stretch the grocery budget is to use frozen ground turkey and frozen ground turkey sausage. I've found it is less expensive than ground beef and pork, and also less than the fresh ground turkey in the meat case. I now substitute it in everything. Most of the time my family cannot even tell the difference.

In our market, Publix sells the Louis Rich brand. Our Wal-mart sells the Jennie-O brand. They come packaged in 1-pound rolls, which is also great because I don't waste money on meat I don't need. And it is usually only $1.50/lb, a savings of about $2-$3 per pound.

I've discovered the turkey "rolls" hidden in obscure places. You may have to ask a grocery employee for help locating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment