Sunday, December 20, 2009

Coat Your Crockpot

I love my crockpot. We have become great friends. In my house "happy" hour is NOT a good time to prepare anything!

1 HungryMom
+ 3 HungryKids waiting
+ 1 HungryDad on his way home
+ 1 Dinner recipe that requires thinking
= COMPLETE CHAOS

So, I slow-cook as much as possible. Coffee in the morning helps whip it all together then the house smells SO GOOD all day!

The only down-side I have found to the crockpot is cleanup. One tip I read somewhere was to spray the inside of the slow-cooker with non-stick cooking spray. I wrote it in all my crockpot recipes so I don't forget!

It does help to ease the pain of cleanup a little. I allow the crockpot to soak while I clean the kitchen from dinner and then it wipes right up.

If you need some new crock-potting recipes, crockpot365 is a great place to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment